Saturday, May 23, 2015

On our way to China!

Today is May 22, 2015 and I’m in route to bring home our son, Aaron! This whole experience has been a complete miracle! There were obstacles along the way that sometimes I worried it all would not get done and done quick enough, but sure enough it all worked out. God is in all things good! I truly believe that God had his hand in this from the beginning, and I pray that God will hold Aaron’s hand as he transitions into this new life with us.  As I sit on this 16 hour flight I think about my family that waits at home for us, I think about this child in China that waits for my arrival, and I think about Steve’s parents, his brother, and our precious little Michael and their involvement in all of this from Heaven.  My family at home…what can I say, OMG what a wonderful husband I have to agree to take one more child into our home and be the provider for one more.  Sometimes he can be a pain (Lol…I am sure he is thinking the same about me) but he has a big heart and I love him dearly for being on board with me and where I so strongly feel God has led our family. Same for my kids….a friend brought it to my attention recently saying how great that my kids are willing to share mom and dad’s time and attention, and to open their hearts and our home to another child.  I hadn’t really thought of it that way but that is so true.  So proud of them and the sacrifices they are willing to make in order to show love and bring another into our family. And then my precious boy, Michael, in Heaven….oh, how I miss him and every day wish he were here, but I know he is with me everywhere I go and I know he is a part of all of this. And last, there’s Aaron Qian Ping, who waits for my arrival in China.  How exciting and scary at the same time for him. I can’t imagine what that must feel like to be alone in the world at 13 years of age and then have a stranger step in and say they will be your family and take you away to a foreign place.  I’m so happy to be in this position to be here and to be on my way back to China for this child.!!! I hope and pray that he will be as happy to see me too! When we went for Luke, I wasn’t very fond of China and had no plans of going back any time soon….but then all that changed when I learned of this boy. I really thought that maybe some day years down the road we would possibly go back and adopt a cute little special needs girl….but God had a different plan.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think we would adopt a teenage boy, but here we are! .  Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment